Here are a few of the questions we get the most. If you don't see what's on your mind, reach out to us anytime on phone, chat, or email.
For pet parents
How does this work?
Book an appointment using the following steps:
Step 1: Download our app to book your appointment. Ensure to enter the correct contact information and a location that your groomer can locate quickly on Google Maps and a GPS.
Step 2: Select a schedule that suits your needs and follow the instructions to enter your preferred method to make an online payment.
Step 3: One of our qualified and pet-friendly groomers will arrive at the location you have provided us with to pamper your pet!
What is Pawsh?
Pawsh is a team of professional pet groomers whose mission is to provide you and your pet with a superior grooming experience right to your doorstep.
What do I need to provide the groomer?
1. A bath or shower for large dog breeds 2. A sink, bath, or shower for small dog breeds 3. A well-lit area (approx. 6x6 ft) equipped with easily accessible outlets for blow dryers and haircuts 4.Two dry towelsTrash BagsOnce you have picked your groomer, you need to be clear with your expectations for how your pet should appear after their grooming. Please provide photos of the style you have chosen and use very descriptive words. Please also provide a list of any allergies or sensitivities your dog has so we can select grooming products accordingly.
What’s the platform fee?
Pawsh is a tools provider for business owners to run their own hyper-local pet grooming businesses. The platform fee covers credit card and pawsh operation costs.
How is pricing calculated?
Each pet groomer is a small business owner running their business on the Pawsh platform. So, they are in charge of setting their own pricing. Full Groom & add-ons may vary from groomer to groomer.
Here's a general breakdown of the pricing structure:
Groom price - Based on services and add-on's you choose.
Travel fee - set by the groom and may vary per city. This could be either a flat rate or a $/mile and based on distance. Each groomer is a business owner, so they are able to set their own price structure.
Tip- % of groom total.
Platform fee- Pawsh is a tools provider for business owners to run their own hyper-local pet grooming businesses. The platform fee covers credit card and Pawsh fund processing.
Please contact your groomer directly with any questions regarding pricing or fees. You can contact them via the message in the chat section of your Pawsh app.
How much tip should I leave?
For the elite and specialty services, our trained professional groomers provide, giving them a well-earned gratuity is encouraged. When the customer shows their satisfaction with the services provided and tips the groomer, the groomer is also satisfied in knowing they have done a great job; the money they earn, including tips, aids them in furthering their education on select services to provide to your pet! How much to leave is up to the customer’s discretion, but 15% or more is a reasonable amount.
To keep the tipping system a clean transaction, doing so in cash or including it in your online payment is ideal. 100% of the money earned by the groomer, including tips, is entirely theirs.
Are there any cancellation fees?
In the event you do not cancel your appointment prior to 48 hours of the scheduled time, a 50% fee will apply.
Should your pet become difficult to groom and the services cannot be performed, a 100% fee will be charged.
Requests to reschedule within 48 hours of the appointment will result in a $20 fee.
For pet groomers
How does Pawsh make money?
We charge our clients a small platform fee. We believe our groomers should not be paying to acquire clients or use reliable software.
Do you provide us with the supplies to work with clients?
Groomers must provide their tools and supplies. Each professional has their preference on the tools they prefer to use, and Pawsh wants you to have full control of making those choices, no limits!
Why become a groomer with Pawsh?
Each Pet Groomer on Pawsh is a Business Owner who is in control of their own pricing. 1. As a Pawsh groomer, you get to keep 100% of your commission! Yes, you read that right. While most salons keep 40-60% of your earnings at Pawsh you get to keep your total earnings!
2. The schedule you keep is entirely flexible and workable around your lifestyle. Schedule client appointments, manage cancellations, accommodate the client’s schedule as well as your own.
3. You can be your boss. Independently communicate with current and future clients, collect payments, and more.
4. Turn your love for pets and pet care into a rewarding and fruitful career. Do what you love and enjoy!
5. Meet new people and experience new opportunities. As you develop your reputation in working for Pawsh, you will be meeting new clients and new dogs; all with their style and preference. Traditional dogs require a conventional style, unique dog breeds that call for a creative groomer, or clients that love their dogs to have a fresh or funky look. Fun and new experiences await you in your future clients.
Take pride in being a reputable Pawsh groomer who is creative, friendly, and reliable.
Do I get Liability Insurance?
Currently, Pawsh does not offer liability insurance. In the future, we will provide groomers an option to use Pawsh insurance. All groomers must have their own liability insurance at this time.
What are the requirements to become a Pawsh groomer?
1. At least 18 years of age. 2. Valid mailing address. 3. Valid U.S. driver’s license and auto insurance. 4. Grooming tools, dryer, and a portable table. 5. Past experience as a seasoned pet groomer. 6. All groomers must pass a background check. 7. Ability to lift 40 pounds. 8. iPhone (iOS 10 or newer) or Android (5.1 or newer) smartphone
How can I track my earnings?
As a Pawsh Groomer, you are able to track your earnings in the groomer app. The payouts for each groom, including tips, will be listed in your transaction history.
How do my earnings/payments get distributed?
Your earnings get distributed every 2 days after completing the appointment in the Pawsh app.
Many times if you have multiple appointments completed within that time frame, your earning will be deposited in one lump sum.
Banks typically take 1-3 business days for those earnings to be accessible. This means that if a groomer completes an order on Monday, the money will be available to them on Friday.
How does tipping work?
Clients have the ability to add gratuity to an appointment before they book, or after an appointment is complete.
If a client opts to leave gratuity after an order is complete, they must select "cash" and 0% gratuity will show on the groomer side.
You will receive 100% of your gratuity & groom price.